Thursday, April 16, 2009

Awww, look at the babies!

This drives me nuts! I just walked out of the girls classroom with one carrier on each arm, my purse, a coat and their bag of bottles; not exactly a light load. Two moms were standing in the hallway chatting and completely blocking my way through to sign them out and to the front door. They continue to stand there any then say, "awww, look at the babies." Yes I know my babies are cute, but they are also very heavy to carry and tough to maneuver through a narrow hallway which is being blocked. I was ready to get home and when people just stand there watching me struggle instead of offer to help hold a door it upsets me.  Now not all the parents at school are like this. I have had some pretty wonderful people see me walking through the parking lot and they are just about to get into their own car, but they quickly run ahead of me to hold all the doors open. I have also had other teachers at the school see me unload them and offer to carry one in for me. 
Can you tell it is nearing the end of the week and I am getting grumpy? Yeah for Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I find that people were more willing to open a door for me when I was pregnant! Still could use the help even more now!

    ReplyDelete