Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Year Ago

One year ago today was when I found out I was pregnant. I remember it like it was yesterday, this is a memory I don't think I could ever forget. It was a Monday evening and Josh actually had off work, which doesn't happen often. He was off letting a friends dog out and I thought just for fun I would take a pregnancy test. I completely expected for the test to come back negative, so when I took the test and instantly saw a plus sign I was in total shock. As soon as I saw that I did a little happy dance, started to scream and had a smile so big I wasn't sure it would ever leave my face. Since Josh wasn't home I quickly went to Leia and gave her a great big hug, she had a concerned look on her face like I was going crazy. 

After a long 10 minute wait for Josh to come back home, I took his hand as he walked into the living room and led him into our bathroom. I think he was a little confused since this is not a normal routine for us. I showed him the positive test and he was in just as much shock as I was. We held each other tight realizing from that point on our lives would never be the same and we cried happy tears.  Of course just like any man, he needed to be completely convinced and was not sure if he believed the single test. After dinner we hopped in the car to pick up another test "just to be sure." 

My life today is wonderful. I have two amazing girls who make getting up in the morning so much easier when they flash me their beautiful smiles. They light up when they see their Daddy and they are two of the best cuddlers I have ever known. Josh has continued to be an amazing husband and seeing him as a father just makes me fall more in love with him every day. We still have those smiles across our faces, they have not yet gone away. 

1 comment:

  1. I can completely agree that motherhood is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete