Friday, May 7, 2010

Deanna Rose Farmstead

Thursday morning I took the girls to Deanna Rose Farmstead with some friends of ours. This was my first time there and I was blown away with how great this place is, especially since it is free. Deanna Rose is a park that has animals, gardens, playgrounds, a nature path, one room school house and so much more.

While there, the girls had fun chasing around goats and they were even able to feed them a bottle of milk. We decided our time with the goats was over when Claire discovered a goat urinating and was about to stick her hand in the urine.
Claire
Lillian
Claire
Kylie helping Claire give the goat a bottle of milk. Both girls were trying to take a drink themselves.
Lillian had them swarm her.
Claire climbing through the tunnel being going down the slide.
Lillian getting ready for the slide.
They were standing at the fence watching all the geese swim in the pond. Claire discovered a goose sitting right by the fence. She decided it would be a good idea to try petting the goose since she was able to pet all the other animals. This goose was not as friendly. My little biter was bit by the goose. Needless to say, I don't think she will make that mistake again.
Claire, myself and Lillian swinging on one of the many swing benches there.
My pretty little flowers. Of course they both were chewing on the wood while I was trying to get there attention, oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! I've been wanting to take Landon there. I can't believe it's free either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the girls had a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete