Monday, June 21, 2010

Daredevil Claire

Over the weekend Lillian and Claire learned another new trick; how to sit/stand on the back of the couch. They have always loved standing on the couch and looking out the window at the neighborhood, so when they figured out they can climb all the way up there, they were very excited. Sunday evening I was getting dinner together and left them in the living room to play. This is nothing new, it is our routine every night and the same happens at breakfast and lunch time.

I was in the kitchen cooking and I hear this whimpering. My first thought is that someone is getting their hair pulled or toy taken away, but I look through the doorway and I find Claire wedged between the couch and the wall. I am now out of the running for Mother of the Year, because I quickly grabbed the camera and started taking pictures. It's alright, she wasn't crying in pain and she certainly was not hanging by her head there, her belly was what got her stuck. Lillian just stood there observing the scene and kept a close eye on Claire.
However, what does Claire do as soon as I pull her out from behind the couch? She climbs right back up and perches herself in front of the window again. One day she will learn.











No comments:

Post a Comment