Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Word Explosion

The past two weeks the girls have had a word explosion. It is so amazing to hear them say new words and hearing them mimic so many others they hear us say. The other night while taking a bath I made a great big smile while saying "cheese," both girls thought it was the funniest thing and laughed so hard. Next thing I hear is "deeees" with giant goofy grins. They crack me up!
Claire was sitting on my lap last night and I was going through all of her words and more with her. She was so proud of what she was able to say and tried so hard with so many more.

Oh and one more seriously adorable new trick they do... fishy faces. When we were on vacation last week, Claire woke up early one morning so I brought her into bed with us while Lillian still slept. On the headboard of the bed there was a fish sculpture type thing. Of course she pointed to it and said, "dat?" I told her it was a fish and made a fish face. I asked if her she could make one too and now both Claire and Lillian make the cutest fishy faces I have ever seen. I have been trying to get a video of it, but of course when the camera is out they don't cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment