Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apples

This afternoon I took the girls over to my friend's house where she was having an apple bake-a-thon. Kylie was given boxes and boxes of apples and has been working all day cooking them into delicious treats. Since I needed to get out of the house, I decided to take the girls over there with me. They have only been there a few times, but as soon as we walked through the door they remembered exactly how to get to the fish tank. While I was helping pick the good from the bad apples, the girls came over and found a candle plate with stones on it. They took the stones and scattered them through the house. They ended up in empty boxes, on the window ledge, on the table, on chairs, I think you get the picture. Then they notices a table full of apples. Lillian was on the opposite side of the table from me when she reached up on the table and grabbed an apple and took a giant bite. She sets it back down on the table and grabs another apple and takes a giant bite. She was ready to do this again when I stopped her. I gave her back one of the apples she took a bite out of and she had a big smile on her face and took another giant bite. I gave the other apple Lillian took a bite out of to Claire. She had a big smile and took a bite. They walked around chomping on their apples, going up and down the stairs checking out the fish, then back to the table to bite into several other apples. I think it is safe to say that Lillian left her mark on at least 6 apples this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I like this apple, and this one, and this one too!

    ReplyDelete