Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Remembering Sydney and Carynne

If you have been following along with my blog since the beginning you have heard the names Sydney and Carynne many times. If you only started to follow recently, let me fill you in on these angels. Sydney and Carynne are twin daughters to a friend of mine, Brook. They were diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) in January 2009 when they were only 5 months old. While their life expectancy was shortened with this disease, we were all shocked to learn that on February 22, 2009 Carynne passed away. The following day, February 23, 2009 Sydney also became an angel.
Today and tomorrow mark the 2 year anniversary of their deaths and these two little angels and their parents, Brook and Jake, are in my thoughts every day. They have shared their Sweet Girlies story on their blog and have since started using it as a way to raise awareness about this devastating disease. To find out more about SMA and how to help please visit the Families of SMA website.

To honor the memory of Sydney and Carynne, we wore pink today and will again tomorrow. I belong to a wonderful community of moms of multiples (twins and triplets) and we all took photos of our children holding pink hearts for Brook and Jake to remind them that no matter how many years, months, or days have passed, we will never forget their baby girls.





1 comment:

  1. OK that just gave me a little tear in my eye! I think of them often, too. God bless them for what they have been through and I only hope their hearts can mend someday.

    ReplyDelete