Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our Mother's Day

This is a bit late, but this is the first chance I have had to update and have blogger actually work. I had a great Mother's Day this year. It was actually pretty much like every other Sunday, but we still had a wonderful day. Josh had to work, so I got up early to get showered and ready before the girls woke up. Josh was able to stop past the house and brought breakfast with him. After breakfast the girls and I snuggled on the couch while watching a movie and Lillian made my heart melt, not only by her sweet words, but how stinking polite she is.

Lillian: So pretty mommy.
Me: Thank you baby girl.
Lillian: Welcome.


This was the only picture of the three of us together that day and they refused to look at the camera and my arm is not long enough to make it a good one. Oh well.



After some snuggling, the three of us headed off to church. The volunteers in the girls classroom where so kind and helped the kids make special Mother's Day hand print pictures. When I went to pick them up after the service, Claire was so excited to see me and told me all about her purple hand print. They also gave us flowers. I had the girls help me carry the flowers out to the car since my hands were full holding toddler hands and various other items. By the time we made it to the car, the previously long stems were now just flower heads.
After naps we spent most of the evening outside playing. I brought their tunnel up from the playroom and the wind ended up blowing it all around the yard, the girls laughed as they chased it. 
 Then chased it again.


 We hugged and kissed, of course only after fighting.
 They also loved looking at the flowers on the other side of the fence.
 We came back inside for dinner and watched Josh mowing the lawn out of the window.
 We colored.
 Then went outside again and to help Josh mow the back yard.

I was told by several people at church how blessed I am to have twins. While there are many times during the day when they fight, throw fits, or decide to not listen to anything I say, there is never a day that goes by that I forget how truly blessed I am to have these two amazing little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment