Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Final Days in Green Bay

We have had some internet issues lately, so I haven't had a chance to upload more photos from our trip. Finally it is working well enough that I don't have to worry about our internet shutting down half way through a post, so here it goes.

Monday, a high school friend of mine drove into Green Bay for the afternoon to visit. It has been over a year since the last time we have seen each other, so it was great being able to catch up and I also had the chance to meet her 8 month old son for the first time. Lane and I have been friends for close to 15 years, we have gone through a lot together over the years and even though we don't get the chance to talk or see each other as often as we would like, whenever we do get together we are always able to pick back up like we had left off. She is an amazing friend.

That evening after Lane and Cooper headed back to Sturgeon Bay, Dad, Sandy, Josh, the girls and myself loaded up and headed to Bay Beach. Sadly, the rides were shut down for the night, but the girls were able to run around and play on the playground. They are becoming so fearless on the large climbers, swings and all the other equipment that they were unsure of at the start of the summer.

 Of course, they were the only children chasing after the seagulls at the park. They got the biggest kick after running after the birds. They squealed with laughter.

 Josh and I knew the only way we would be able to get them out of the park would be to bribe them. What delicious treat always does the trick? Ice cream, of course! Alright, so it wasn't just a ploy to get the girls off the slide, Josh and I wanted a scoop ourselves and I know my Dad never turns down the offer of ice cream.
We left the park and followed Dad and Sandy to a local ice cream shop in De Pere, I don't recall the name of it, but I do know they had delicious ice cream and we arrived just before a small rush. Perfect timing.

On Tuesday we watched my nephew and niece for the morning. This was a day the girls decided to sleep in and Josh had to go down and wake them after 9:30 so they could join us for our pancake breakfast. After breakfast all the girls had their hair done and danced like princesses with their special bows in their hair. We played games, read books and made lots of noise. All four kids had constant smiles on their faces. Towards the end of the morning we put the movie Rio in and they danced along with all of the songs. I have an adorable video of all four dancing, but Blogger doesn't want to cooperate with me and allow me to upload it.

After naps, we headed back to Bay Beach, but this time early enough to go on some rides. I wasn't sure how this would go over with the girls. They generally are not too crazy about rides.
There is a small carousel with two horses outside of our local grocery store. They have gone nuts over it all summer long. They want to look at it and Claire is willing to sit on the green horse, never the orange one because that one is reserved for Lillian, but does not like for it to move. Lillian, has zero interest in sitting on the horse, she just wants to watch  because the horses are scary.
Claire surprised us. She was so excited when she saw the various rides. She first went to the boats and picked the red one. Lillian wanted the yellow. The both sat happily until the boats started moving, then Lillian started crying and wanted to get off. Claire had a giant smile on her face.

 Lillian was done after that, Claire was ready for the next one. She spotted the bug cars and was ready to climb on. Lillian was happy watching from the other side of the fence.
 All day long, the girls were talking about going for a ride on the train. Lillian was hoping it would be yellow, Claire wanted to sit next to Lillian. The train was red and since there are not any buckles on the train, they were not able to sit next to each other. They still had fun though.

 After the train ride, Josh and I went to ride the roller coaster, while Grandma and Grandpa took the girls on a few more rides.

 Josh and I came back to find the girls with Grandma and Grandpa on the carousal. Claire sat proud on her elephant and Lillian was unsure of it and shared Grandma's little horse with her.  She was a trooper though.
 Lillian got really excited when she saw the helicopters. She really wanted the yellow one. Surprise, surprise. I rode with Lillian and Josh rode with Claire. These are nifty little things. There is a strap to buckle in and the bar in front you use to control how high or low you want to go. My brave girl, Lillian, wanted to go as high as she could.

 After our helicopter ride, Claire asked Josh to go on the ferris wheel. We were surprised with the ride attendants allowed her on, but she as ready to go. Josh said she nuzzled in close to him. He kept asking her if she wanted to get off, but she kept saying she wasn't scared and wanted to ride some more.
While they were on the ferris wheel, Lillian and I went for two  more rides on the helicopters. We had to wait in a nonexistent line because the yellow was taken and she wanted to wait. I wasn't going to argue. They both ended up having a blast and cried when we walked back in the car because they wanted to go on more rides.
This was our last night in Green Bay, we said our goodbyes before bed and packed up Wednesday morning to head to Milwaukee. More to come this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment