Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow Storm

Wednesday night we had a "snow storm." Maybe they called it a snow storm because it is already mid-January and this is only the second time we have seen snow this season and the first time it was only flurries and a dusting. Who knows? I would not consider what happened the other night a storm by any means. I am not really sure why, but the district we live in was one of two to cancel school on Thursday. Since the moms of the two little boys I watch during the week are teachers in this district, I also had a snow day. It was nice being able to get some extra sleep and spend the day with just my girls. When they woke up and I opened their blinds, they were so excited to see snow on the ground. They instantly had plans for it. "Mommy, I want to play in the snow and make a snowman and a snow angel." Unfortunately, it was maybe mid-20's that morning, but we still bundled up and spent a little time outside, not nearly as long as the girls would have liked. I am hoping at some point this winter we will see a real snow fall, so Lillian and Claire can build their first snowman and actually be able to make a snow angel and see it when they stand up. Thursday's angels didn't work so well, when you could already see the grass through the small amount of snow that fell.





No comments:

Post a Comment