Monday, February 13, 2012

Finally, Snow.

We finally had our first real snow fall this winter. February is almost half over and it is about time winter has arrived. Lillian and Claire have been waiting patiently for the chance to build their first snow many and make snow angels. Their faces lit up with excitement this morning when I opened their blinds and they saw the snow. They wanted to skip breakfast and head straight outside. Let's just say, they were not happy I made them wait until after they had some food in their bellies.
Once we bundled up and headed out, they were all smiles and giggles. They chased each other, myself and Leia with snow balls. We had a blast. 






 We only had enough snow and patience to build a itty bitty snowman and he sure was a cute one.

 After the body was put together, the girls insisted I run inside to get a carrot for his nose. While poking in the fridge, I also grabbed two blueberries for the eyes. This was not enough for the girls, they wanted me to get more for the mouth and track down sticks for his arms. I said no.

 Claire also had the chance to make her snow angel. Actually, she made several. I also laid down in the snow and made an angel myself.
It took a lot of convincing, but I was finally able to drag the girls back inside. This was not without tears that their snowman was going to melt. They asked about him up until bed time and needed the reassurance that he was still out there. At dinner, they asked to bring him inside to keep him safe. I let them know, that probably would not be the best idea, he would melt and he would be much safer outside in the cold.

1 comment:

  1. Snow is so pretty and fun! Since it has happened so few times this year, it's like watching them discover something new!

    ReplyDelete