Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Busy, but not.

I wish I could say I haven't posted anything in a week because we have been so busy and I just haven't had the time. However, that is not at all the case. I wish there were exciting things going on I could post daily about or had the energy to write about.
This week is spring break in town, which means, I don't have my extra little misters in the house. Our days are much quieter and move at a slower pace, but we miss those cute faces. The girls and I have been trying to keep busy with something fun to do each day and I think they are enjoying themselves, I know I am.
Let me start by talking about our weekend. First, Friday I screwed up royally. We have all be really excited for probably two weeks now to attend a birthday barbecue for my friend Jennie and her husband at their house. The girls were excited to play with their friend Sammie. Well, like I said, I screwed up. Some how I had it in my head that the 10th was Friday, when in fact it was Saturday. We drove 45 minutes to Jennie's house and yup, had the wrong day. We were then craving a little bbq, so we plugged in a few restaurant options in the GPS and it lead us to an industrial park. Fail. We tried a few other restaurants and once again, fail. We ended up at the nasty old Denny's with a very friendly staff and customers who all stopped to chat with us and the girls.
Saturday morning we loaded up and headed east to the St. Louis area for the night. Our niece, Kendall, turned 15 last week, so we went to celebrate her birthday and visit family. We had a great trip and the girls had a blast playing with their cousins. We kept busy both Saturday and Sunday, but of course I only took a few photos and regretted it instantly.




On Monday, I took the girls with me to the gym while I worked out and then we ran some errands. I had to make an exchange at Old Navy and we cannot go into that place without the girls petting the plastic puppy that greets us at the front entry. We also had to give it hugs on our way out. The stop they were most excited for was running into Target to buy them a wagon. They were so excited about this purchase and couldn't wait to get it home, put it together and go for a ride.
On Tuesday, we spend the morning on a play date with my friend Sheri and her kiddos at their house. Before heading home we had to make a pit stop at Hobby Lobby to buy fabric for a quilt I am working on and I also spotted a great knit print clearanced down to $3 a yard. That afternoon I added the fabric to t-shirts the girls had in their closet, but are too short in the torso to make adorable dresses for them. When they tried them on yesterday evening, they did not want to take them off, so I had to promise they could wear them to the zoo today (Wednesday).
On Wednesday, we met up with a few others and spend the morning and first part of the afternoon at the zoo. We have had beautiful weather here this week and today was no different. The girls were loving the wagon rides through the zoo, but also loved the freedom of being able to walk. We are all excited for many more zoo trips in the near future.



I love this picture of 4 of the 5 little ones in our caravan checking out the elephants this morning.


1 comment:

  1. We will have to schedule another BBQ date for you four! ;)

    ReplyDelete