Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I hope you all were able to enjoy this day that is set aside to celebrate us. Before I get started talking about my Mother's Day, I want to give a little praise to my mom. Thank you mom for being there for all the important moments while growing up. Thank you for always having a listening ear when I needed someone to talk to. Thank you for taking the time for us when life was busy. Thank you for always being there.


Unfortunately, with Josh's job, he doesn't get to work the usual Monday through Friday working 8-5, so he was working today. The morning started off with snuggles in bed with my girls. They brought their babies with them and we watched Phineas and Ferb. After breakfast we headed to church they started the video to honor mothers and as usual, the Mother's Day service brought tears to my eyes.
When I picked the girls up, they were so excited to give me the special hand print pictures they made for me. I think they were only excited because they wanted to eat the chocolates taped to the papers. I love them.



 I wanted to get a picture of myself with the girls, since last year I didn't get a picture with them. Since it was just the three of us, I hoped for the best while setting the timer on the camera. I think overall, they turned out pretty decent. Well, they would have been better if they girls would have smiled instead of turning on their grump face just to drive me crazy.



After the pictures we loaded back into the car and headed out for a birthday party. One of the little guys I watch turn one tomorrow and we were invited to celebrate with their friends and family. The girls have been so excited all week for his party and they seemed to have a blast running around with the other kids. When we arrived back home the girls had their quiet time, which meant, I had some time to sew. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will finally be able to finish this quilt that was started in January with my quilting bee. The rest of the afternoon was spent playing outside and then making dinner. Josh arrived home with flowers for me. After the girls went to bed he made me a margarita and some special treats.
Maybe one year Josh will be home with us for Mother's Day, but until that finally happens, the girls and I make the most of our time together. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! For once, Brett has off Mother's Day, Father's Day and Memorial Day. It's like the best thing ever! :)

    ReplyDelete