Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Two weeks ago we went on a field trip with school to Faulkner's Pumpkin Patch. This is the same pumpkin patch we visited last year with the girls. I took the girls in the morning, sadly, Josh had to work, and it was so cold. It was windy and maybe 50 degrees. One of the first of the colder days this fall. When we arrived, I had to stand at the entrance with one of the other teachers to make sure everyone knew what was going on for the day. While waiting, I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of the girls, but of course they didn't want to cooperate and give me nice smiles. Oh well, at least they were both looking in my general direction.
 
 One of the employees of the farm saw me taking pictures and offered to take one of the three of us. I took her up on her offer, since it is very rare I get to be in photos with them. It's a shame my eyes are closed.
 After most of the families arrived, I was able to be mom instead of teacher and I loved it. Most events with school, I have to put my focus on my class and my students families, I rarely get the chance to be mom at school functions. Thankfully, most events so far, Josh has had off work so he could be there for the girls. We had about an hour of time to walk around and explore the farm and play. There were tons of kids there. Shortly after we arrived, so did two large school buses full of kids. The girls did well taking turns and being patient waiting for their turns on the two horse swings, the diggers and go carts.


 After our play time, everyone grouped together for lunch. Once lunch was over we had our tour. The tour consisted of a "corn" maze, feeding the animals, story time, a turn through the giant caterpillar slide, a hayride and, of course, picking out a pumpkin.


It was chilly and busy, but we had a blast. I love that Lillian, Claire and myself were able to spend the morning together doing something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment