Saturday, February 2, 2013

K Quilt

Some wonderful friends of ours are now counting down the final weeks until they will be blessed with the adoption of a baby girl. Last weekend I went to a baby shower for them and as part of their gift I made them a quilt. I kept it simple since I didn't have a lot of time to make something with more piecing. Adoption from what I have seen is a wild ride and obviously doesn't always give you the same 9 months of planning. I don't remember the final measurements of this quilt, but it is the perfect size for a crib/toddler bed. My machine was acting up while quilting it and caused me a lot stress. I spent more time pulling threads then quilting, but it was worth it. This is what I came up with. 
 

 The back is pieced and isn't perfectly straight, but I like it. Claire took one look at it and got excited, "it's a cross for Jesus!"
I just hope baby K will get a lot of snuggle time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment