Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More Quilts

I have been taking on a ton of different sewing projects lately. I have been trying out my dress making skills and while they are wearable, let's just say, I have a lot more learning to do. I also recently finished a quilt I had made for my sister and her new husband as a wedding gift. I'm not going to lie, I bought this fabric to make her a quilt over a year ago, well before she was engaged. Her wedding was the kick in the butt I needed to finally get it finished so I could move onto my next project.
 
I don't think I have shared this quilt. I made this one as a baby gift last fall. Most of the fabric was from scraps I had already at home and they ended up working well together, or at least I think so.
 This is the finished quilt I had made for my sister and gifted it this past weekend. She loves hot pink and polka dots. The dark gray fabric has tiny polka dots. I love how the front of the quilt turned out and the backing fabric. I kept the binding neutral and love it al.

 On the back bottom corner I stitched a "W" for their last name and the wedding date. I probably should have rotated that photo. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment