Saturday, October 18, 2014

Reading and Writing

I am amazed every day when Lillian and Claire step off the school bus and share with me what they are learning at school. They started the year already knowing all of their letters and most of their sounds, but now they are taking it a step further. Now they are mastering their sight words and using "kindergarten" writing to write notes, lists and stories. They come home singing songs with the days of the week and months of the year. Claire loves reading and does an amazing job sounding out the words she isn't sure of. Lillian is our artist and is creating daily. She is always coloring in her coloring books of free drawing some beautiful pictures.
Next week we will attend their first quarter parent teacher conferences and I have no doubt we will hear many positive things.
I have some super cute pictures I wanted to add to this post, but the blogger app is acting up, so those will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment