Monday, March 3, 2014

28 Weeks

Some how I am already 28 weeks pregnant. That means I am already in my third trimester and only have 12 weeks left until we meet our little guy. Overall I have been feeling pretty good. Sleeping has been uncomfortable for several weeks now. I have to wake up to rotate and my hips hurt like you wouldn't believe, so that makes moving around even more difficult. I really do not remember my hips hurting this bad when I was pregnant with Lillian and Claire. During the day I am tired, but I think that mostly stems from the lack of solid sleep at night and the lack of caffeine. Oh, and the girls and I have had colds and with lots of congestion for the past week, so that keeps us from getting solid sleep as well.
Last week I had an ultrasound my doctor ordered. When I went for my 20 week growth scan ultrasound there were a few measurements that the tech was unable to get or missed and my doctor was wanting them done. Once again, it was a family event with all four of us in the room. It was much quicker since we didn't need the full body scan. We had a nice surprise when the ultrasound tech switched over from the regular images to the 4D image and we were able to see so much detail on our little man's face. He gave us a little smile and has the cutest little face. I think he has more of the Zullner nose than a Ward nose at this point. Below is one of the images we came home with from the office, I love looking at that sweet face. 

The past few weekends we have also started the transition in turning the guest/storage room into a nursery. It was a lot of work clearing out 7.5 years worth of items that has collected in that room. We have donated several trash bags and boxes of items, I sold a few larger things, tons have been thrown away and we have a large pile of things that need to find a new place to be stored in the house. Yesterday we started the processes of painting. Lillian and Claire added the first bit of color to the walls and painted some lovely pictures on the walls, but eventually they were kicked out of the room when the paint was starting to drip and make a mess. The walls are now completely painted. Hopefully this coming weekend I will be able to work on painting all of the wood trim and then we can really get to work on creating our nursery.

Baby is still without a name for those of you wondering, but I promise he will have a name before he comes home from the hospital. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment