Monday, August 4, 2014

Work

Monday was scheduled to be my first day back to work from maternity leave, but that didn't happen.
About a week ago I sat on the couch with Henry in my arms on night and I was ready to start crying at the thought of leaving my baby boy with someone else and not be able to spend my days with him. I wish I could say that this decision was an easy one, but it wasn't. Financially we cannot afford for me to stay home without some sort of income. However, it also doesn't make sense for me to return to my previous job when most of my paycheck would be spent on full time child care for Henry plus before and after school care for Lillian and Claire.
I can't say for sure what the future will hold for our family,  but I thought that same thing this time last year and it is amazing how our story is being written.
A year ago I was hired at Xceligent. A month later we found out our family was growing. I met some pretty great people at work and built more relationships at church. We have had a tough year with many ups and downs, but we have also been blessed in more ways I can count this past year.
Tonight there is still a lot on unknowns for our family, but I am confident that something wonderful is in the works for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment