First, I want to send out a special thank you to Maggie for letting me borrow your food processor. Tonight I spent an hour and made about a months worth of food for Lillian and Claire. I made peas, green beans, carrots, peaches and bananas. I can't wait to get to the store to buy some more fruits and vegetables and try those out. It was so easy to do and a fraction of the cost I would spend buying jarred food. Now, I just hope the girls will enjoy it all. Any suggestions on what else I should make?
I posted on FB but I want to know the recipes or steps you did...We plan to do this when Samantha starts on food.
ReplyDeleteA friend helped me make sweet potatoes and applesauce and they are in the freezer, waiting for Ben to be ready to try them. I am also planning to try green beans and carrots and will see how it goes after that. Several people have recommended http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com for ideas and tips on how to make & safely store baby food.
ReplyDeleteAlso, one of the food blogs I read has posted a few ideas, some simple fruits & veggies, some slightly more complex meals for older babies. The index is here: http://annies-eats.com/category/baby-food/