Saturday, July 18, 2009

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today we went in for a sonogram to hopefully find out the sex of our baby at almost 16 weeks, instead we got the surprise of a lifetime; twins! This was the last thing we were expecting to find out. Josh and I were full of shock, excitement, fear, confusion... you name it, we felt it. Luckily I was laying down or I probably would have fallen over when hearing the news. Josh was standing next to me looking at the large screen trying to understand what we were just told. The u/s tech could tell the instant she looked at the screen, "oh, there are two. You are having twins." I don't think she realized we did not know this information.


This is the first picture we saw when we found out twins. You can see the head of Lillian (baby a) on the left and a cross section of the abdomen of Claire (baby b) on the right. This was the moment our lives would really change forever.
Here is Claire and Lillian today.

This has been an amazing year and I will never forget the thoughts and feelings that I experienced that day. Never did I expect for my life to turn out this way, with the craziness of twins, but I would not have it any other way. This has been the hardest, but the best year of my life and I cannot wait to see what the next 50 years has to bring with my beautiful baby girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment