Sunday, April 28, 2013

Getting Dirty

Since I just planted all of the seedlings into the garden, I supposed I need go post the photos of the girls helping me plan the seeds many weeks ago.
For months Lillian and Claire have been brainstorming over what type of veggies they wanted to plant in the garden this summer. Of course, they don't eat most of them unless I have everything chopped up in dinner and they don't realized what they are eating. The three of us went to the store and bought a bunch of seeds, soil and trays to start our plants in. We bought everything, but then had about a weeks worth or rain, so the planting had to wait.
I took the girls outside and they helped fill the trays with soil. After those were set, I gave each of them a pencil to poke little holes into the soil to plant the seeds. They thought the first few holes were fun, but then I ended up having to do the rest.
 
 Then comes the fun part of putting the seeds into the soil. I had to keep a very watchful eye on Lillian. She was trying to rush through the planting and was mixing the different seeds up. Claire, on the other hand, was very patient and took her time dropping one little seed in at a time.
 Finally they were able to water everything before running off to plan.

I planted all of our little seedlings in the garden this afternoon. I am hoping they continue to grow and produce some delicious produce for us this summer. This summer we have cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, green beans (a first for us), cherry tomatoes and beefsteak tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment