Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Remember our Tub Issues?

Remember last spring when I posted often about my concerns about the girls suddenly being terrified of the bathtub? They got to the point they didn't even want to walk past the threshold of the bathroom door because then they would see the tub. Well, now we have the complete opposite problem, they always want to be in the bathtub.
When Claire woke up from her nap this afternoon, the first thing she said to me was, "I need to take a tubby today." Lillian was begging as soon as dinner ended to put water in the tubby for her. It is a fight now to get them out of the tub and will play until the water turns cold and their lips blue if we let them. When we flip the lever for the water to drain, Lillian throws a fit, a full on tears and yelling fit. She now knows how to flip the drain lever to stop the water, it is a struggle, but she doesn't give up.
Tonight when Josh flipped the lever, Lillian pounded her fist down on the edge of the tub and said, "no daddy, not right now. I not all done in the tubby." She said this in her most serious and stern voice. Josh and I had to turn our heads away because we were laughing so hard at her.

1 comment:

  1. Sammie gets so mad when we get out of the tub too. Crazy kids!

    Those moments where you have to turn your head so they don't see me laughing are some of my favorite moments. :)

    ReplyDelete