Monday, May 10, 2010

The Story of our Mother's Day

As I am sure you are all aware, this past Sunday was Mother's Day. I very blessed this year and had a wonderful Mother's Day. It all started shortly after Josh got home from work Saturday night. He came upstairs and brought up a pink gift bag. For the record, I was going to be happy if he remembered to even pick up a card, so when I saw a gift bag, I was floored. Josh told me I had to wait until midnight to open my gift, so I had to wait about 20 minutes. First I opened the adorable photo card he made using old and new pictures of the girls, next came a singing card from him and then time for the present. I was shocked to look into the bag and find a new digital camera, it was a wonderful surprise. After playing around with my new camera for a bit, it was time for bed.

Josh got up with the girls and I was able to sleep in until 9 when it was time to get ready for church. Here are some wake up pictures Josh took of the girls. They always have the craziest bed head.


Once I was showered and ready I had time with the girls while Josh showered. They were not too happy I sat down on the couch for a few minutes to play with the camera again, these were the looks I received. (The yellow bottle Lillian has is for their Cabbage Patch dolls)
When we got to church I was handed a flower by the greeters and wished a Happy Mother's Day. I love hearing that because being a Mom is the best job I have ever had and nothing can compare to it. We had a great service with baby dedications (there was a teeny tiny newborn who sent my baby fever into high gear, Josh told me NO), Pastor Dan talking about the important roles of parents and during the last worship song there were messages put up on the screens. The messages were texts people sent to a number shown at the start of the service to comment on their mothers, grandmothers, wives, etc. and how special they were. It was so touching seeing all the sweet things that were said, I won't lie, I had tears in my eyes. After the service we went and picked the girls up from their classroom and Lillian as usual was right by the door waiting for us. Claire was pushing a little boy around in the Crazy Coup car, but came running up once she saw us. I also received a beautiful picture Claire colored for me while in her room, it is now hanging on the fridge. We were told she was more interested in eating the crayons the coloring with them; seems about right.
After church we headed home and had Grandma Pattie, Grandpa Jim, Aunt Maggie and Uncle Baris waiting for us inside. We spent some time playing in the yard while the corn on the cob and burgers were on the grill.

After we all had stuffed bellies we lounged lazily in the living room before it was nap time for two tired little girls.

While the girls were napping everyone headed out and Josh and I spent the afternoon doing as little as possible, it was wonderful! After nap brings snack time and more play time. Claire always pulls her pony out while in bed, so her hair was once again a wreck.



What is a better way to end the day then to have play time in their cribs. Claire played peek-a-boo, they bounced, wrestled and gave Josh and I tons of laughs. They can be full of yawns and so cranky at the end of the day, but once they are in their cribs they are so full of energy.



I had a great Mother's Day full of tons of hugs and kisses from my two beautiful girls.

1 comment: