Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two Years Ago...

Two years ago I met the itty bittys who spent 9 months snuggled up and warm in my growing belly. That was a day I will never forget and still looking back it all still seems so unreal that Josh and I are the lucky ones who were chosen to become parents of two beautiful and amazing little girls.
Lillian and Claire have changed our lives in more ways then we could ever imagine and not just the obvious ways. I now believe in love at first sight, I cherish every moment, laugh more times in a few hours then I did in a day, I fall in love a little more each time they say "mommy" and wrap their arms around me in a tight squeeze.

This picture was taken the on December 21, 2008, the night before we met Lillian and Claire. Josh and I headed out for one last dinner before the big day. We did not sleep a wink that night.
We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am to check in, start fluids and prep for my c-section. It was 5 below zero, the coldest day of the year an I was shivering from nerves and cold. At 7:30am I walked into the operating room, received my spinal and the show began.

Lillian Faith arrived at 7:48am weighing 6 lb 4 oz and was 18.5 inches long.
Claire Elizabeth arrived at 7:49am weighing 6 lb 4 oz and was 19 inches long.


This picture is from December 22, 2009. Lillian and Claire turned ONE!
Now my babies are TWO and I am still not sure where the time has gone. I know I say that all the time, but I am still waiting to figure it out.
My girls still amaze me every single day. Claire started singing a Fresh Beat Band song at the lunch; the first time I noticed one of them start singing randomly and without the song playing in the background. It was the cutest thing, but of course she becomes all bashful once I tried to catch her on video.
Lillian is talking up a storm and I love hearing her say new words and saying phrases. Pretty sure one of my favorite words to hear her say is broccoli.
They love each other so much. They hug, kiss, hold hands and cuddle all the time. Of course, there is also a fair share of pushing and fighting, mostly over a toy or when they don't want to share mom or dad.


Happy birthday to my beautiful baby girls. I love you both more then words could ever express.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, happy 2nd birthday to two of the cutest little girls I know :) Time flies when you're havin fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Beautiful Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete