Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaching

I mentioned last week that I am getting ready for a new school year with a new job. The past two school years I have been blessed with the opportunity to stay at home with Lillian and Claire while also caring for some other little loves in our home. Last spring I decided that I wanted to work outside of the home again and I also wanted to send the girls to preschool. Well, I have been blessed again with another amazing opportunity, teaching pre-kindergarten. In March I applied, interviewed and was hired to teach this coming school year. The biggest blessing of it all is that Lillian and Claire will be able to come to school with me three days a week for preschool.
Last week Monday was my first day of work. I walked into my classroom and it was a mess. I had no idea where to begin or what to even do at first, so I took pictures. This is what my room looked like when I walked in and turned on the lights. 


 Last week I cleaned, organized, moved things around, cleaned some more and rearranged again. My room has been completely transformed and I am excited with how it looks. Here are a few pictures I took right before leaving school this afternoon.



Tomorrow is our meet the teacher event. Again, the classroom will take another transformation as it is filled with children and parents filled with excitement and nerves waiting for Monday to arrive. Maybe it will just be myself filled with the excitement and nerves and disbelief that this school year has finally arrived. In March when I was offered the position this day seemed so far away and now it is just around the corner. 
The next school photos I post will be of my babies getting ready for their first day of preschool. That is another day that has snuck up on me. How are my babies old enough for preschool?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations- I'm excited for you, Melissa :) This make me excited to get back into my high school classroom, which I plan to start setting up this Friday. Also, I can't believe that your beautiful girls are going to school already- wow- time goes by so quickly!
    With love,
    Aunt Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that I'm not being anonymous, but I had to choose one of the options- LOL :)

    ReplyDelete