Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day and I have been lucky enough to marry an amazing man who also happens to be the most amazing father. I always knew Josh would be a great Dad when the time came for us, but after the birth of Lillian and Claire he fell naturally right into fatherhood.
He was never afraid to change a diaper, pick a nose, get slobbered and drooled on. He gets down on the floor and rolls around. Josh dances, sings and does whatever goofy thing necessary to get belly laughs from our beautiful girls.
If one of them is sick, he will get up in the middle of the night to give some extra cuddles, so I can sleep. After I leave for work in the mornings, he is the one who gets to spend the mornings with Claire and Lillian. He gets the dressed (most days), cooks them breakfast and lunch, fixes their hair and even takes occasional outings with them to the grocery store. Now, as many of you know, taking one child into a store of any kind can be challenging, but taking two toddlers can be quite the task.
I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this life to share with him and I feel blessed every day we have together. Thank you for being such an amazing husband and father.

Now, a post about Father's Day would not be complete unless I said something about my own Dad. First I just need to say, that Dad, I love you so much and thank you for everything you have ever done for me.
Growing up and still now, I have always felt a special bond with my Dad. I think a lot of that has to do with us sharing a birthday, but he has also always been willing go go that extra mile for the three of us. Over the years we have gone through our ups and downs as a family, but through his love and commitment to us, we have all come out on top and very happy in life. My Dad is an amazing man and I hate that I do not get to see him as often as I would life. It breaks my heart that he has to watch Lillian and Claire grow up mostly through pictures, but that time we do get together means the world to me.
Thank you Dad for all the love and support you have shown my growing up and continue to give me each and every day. I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment