Saturday, October 23, 2010

22 Months Old

I can't believe Claire and Lillian are already 22 months old, seriously, that means in just two months they will be TWO! They are now talking up a storm learning all sorts of new words, but many you have to listen closely to really understand. They are starting to combine two words together, but not very often. Most of the time it is, "hi mommy," "bye daddy," "bye, cya," "okay, daddy." They have simple phrases like that, but it is a start and they have sweetest little voices.
They both are climbing on everything as usual and I have a feeling it is never going to end.
They love being outside and going for walks holding hands while walking down the street.
They are such great hand holders!
Bath time is still a favorite in the house and they make a mess! They splash water everywhere and I leave the bathroom soaked.
They are still doing amazing with naming their animals and making the sounds.
They love reading and will sit all day looking at their books. We took another trip to the library to return the stack of books we had and they were able to pick out new ones.
They love to brush their teeth before bedtime, but they are never ready for bed, they just want to play.
They love running around holding hands and playing Ring Around the Rosie.
They are doing amazing using their forks and spoons during meal time and most days they keep most of their face and hands clean while eating.

My little girls never seem to amaze me. I look at them and fall in love with them all over again. I cannot get over how beautiful they are. They make my heart melt.



Friday we kept busy by starting our day off at gymnastics. I don't remember if I posted about it the last time we went, but there is a place in town which has an open gym on Friday mornings. This was our second time going and the girls love it, I wish we were able to go more often. They have giant trampolines, foam pits, balance beams, ramps, and just about everything you could imagine. This week Lillian and Claire enjoyed building with the foam cubes.
After gymnastics we took a family trip to Target and then headed home for lunch. Once we finished lunch, the girls and I headed outside to play while Josh got ready for work.


I wish this picture wasn't so blurry, but it is too cute not to post, Lillian is giving Claire a hug.

After we came in from outside it was time to take naps. When they woke up Claire was very grumpy. She did not want me to put her down to get Lillian out of her crib. She did not want snack or water as she usually does. She did not want anything but to cling to me. The only other thing she said she wanted was to "walk." So, we took our daily walk up the street. On our way back inside they decided they needed to stop and dig all the rocks out of the mulch in front of the house. They had a blast and did this for almost 20 minutes.

It was difficult, but I managed to convince them to come inside so I could cook dinner. After dinner we spend most of the evening reading all of their books, most of them more then once. We ended the day with a bath and brushing their teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Monthday Girls! I love the hugging photo!

    ReplyDelete