Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lunch and Dress Up

Saturday morning after Lillian and Claire finished breakfast we loaded them up and headed for Grandma and Grandpa's. Both girls seemed to have fun running around the house and seeing what they could get into. They discovered the cabinet that houses all of the plastic ware and in no time brought arm fulls back into the living room.



We went over with plans of lunch but also to finally pack up my wedding dress (we have been married for 5 1/2 years) that has been hanging in their closet for way too long. I decided that before we seal it all up that I needed to try it on again. Luckily for me, there is no zipper to my dress so I didn't have to struggle with that. Since I have not really even looked at my dress since our wedding I didn't realize how disgustingly dirty it was. It appears a drink was spilled all the way down the right side and the bottom hem is covered in filth from it sweeping along the dance floor all night. Ick! It did feel so nice putting something special on; no jeans or pajama pants.

It laid pretty flat since I didn't have a crinoline on under, but I still think it looks pretty good. The girls watched me walk down the stairs in the dress and seemed interested, but when Josh tried to had Lillian to me her bottom lip started to quiver and she was ready to cry. They would not come near me.

Claire and Lillian both asked what my veil was when they saw me hold it as we were packing the car back up, so I told them and tried it on them. Lillian wore it for a few minutes, but wasn't too thrilled with it. Claire, on the other hand, wore it with so much pride and loved it. She wanted to wear it again the following day and walked around with a big smile on her face.
These will have to be shown at her wedding WAY down the road.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get my dress cleaned too - I haven't really looked at it since the wedding.

    She looks so adorable in that veil!

    ReplyDelete