Friday, January 20, 2012

Scissors

Lately I have felt like I have been failing the girls at not teaching them more while we are home together. I know that in time they will learn everything they need to, they are such smart girls, but I feel like I should be doing more. I am sure those who know what my days look like are probably laughing at me right now, since most days there is not a single moment of quiet and down time to actually be able to sit down with them and work on letter, numbers or things like that. I decided the other night to start small. Well, not really small, since scissors can go many different ways with three year olds.
This morning after breakfast was cleaned up, I took out the two pair of scissors I bought last night and two sheets of scrap paper. Before handing them to the girls, I ran through a few scissor rules.
-Scissors are not toys to be played with.
-Scissors are only for cutting paper, not hair.
-Scissors are only to be used with a grown up.
I showed them how to hold scissors and a practice cut. They were so excited to get their little hands on them and start cutting. They each had a large piece of scrap paper and cut little cuts around all four edges of the paper. When they were finished cutting, the scissors went up high in our craft basket on top of the fridge.





1 comment:

  1. I love the rules included no hair cutting. You are a smart mom! :)

    ReplyDelete