Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baking Cookies

Lillian and Claire love helping in the kitchen. They make a mess, slow me down and cramp my space, but I love that time together. I remember when I was young and pulling a kitchen chair up to the counter and helping my mom prep, cook and bake. I think that is something every child should experience and cherish. It's those little moments that stick with you and make you smile when looking back. I hope my girls will look back on this time together when they are older and tell their own children about it.
Wednesday afternoon I added a few other sewing projects to my list. I have been wanting to make aprons for the girl for over a year now. Clarie looked at my mass amounts of fabric and picked out this pink fabric from my stash and wanted me to make something with it. I love this fabric. I bought it with my friend, Angela in mind. Angela is a fellow mom of multiples and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in August. We are a part of an online community for moms of multiple, I have posted about them a few times, including when I posted last spring about my trip to Savannah, GA. Getting to the point of this little side note, a group of us from the board sent fabric to another member of the board and she made a beautiful quilt for Angela while she was undergoing her chemo. The fabric I sent is the same fabric that Claire picked out and I made aprons with.



After the girls woke up from their nap, we went straight into the kitchen and started baking cookies. They voted on chocolate chip. They did a lot of dumping of the ingredients and mixing. They have have done a little taste testing along the way as well. They are actually very good about taking turns and we have very few fights while in the kitchen. However, they both are not fans of my hand mixer and run out of the kitchen as soon as I get ready to turn it on. We are getting better with it and will sometimes come back into the kitchen before it is turned off.



The fun thing about having them help me in the kitchen when I prep dinner, is that when they "help" chop veggies or mix things together, they are usually more likely to try something they otherwise wouldn't.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lily and clair
    My name is Jenna and i came across your site. You are both beautiful, precious, and cute girls. I love helping in the kitchen too and love making messes, then my mom or my care giver has to clean it up! hee hee. I love those pink aprons, my fav. colors are pink and a purple. I love chocolate chip cookies. looks like you had fun baking. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/champ291

    ReplyDelete