The front
Close up of front and a peek at the back
How I pieced the backing
A little of everything. Love.
I wanted to get this quilt finished before this past weekend when I headed north to Des Moines and a few of my college girl friends headed south to Des Moines for a girls weekend. I was in such a need for a weekend away from life, kids, dishes, cleaning, you name it. I have not had the chance to see these three girls in over a year and I missed them. We had a fabulous weekend together and I did something I have wanted to do for years, but never thought I would be brave enough to actually do. I got my tattoo. For several years now I have wanted a tattoo of two little birds, for Lillian and Claire, on the top of my foot. I never thought I would be brave enough to take this forever plunge, but with a little help, I did. The tattoo artist hand drew the birds on my foot and there is no real reason behind the color choices, other than I wanted something bright and colorful.
I promise soon I will post about the girls again. I will make it tomorrows goal, so expect something hopefully by the end of the weekend. ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment