Thursday, October 25, 2012

Going Down

I don't think I have shared this photo yet. It is from about a month ago, but I love it. It's not the best photo, but in almost 4 years now and many attempts, I think this is the first successful photo of both of the girls going down a slide together. Up until recently, Lillian and Claire have been very cautious when going to the park and climbing on climbers or going down slides. They take it very slow and some trips never even attempt going down the slide. They might linger for a few seconds at the top, but often would back away. When they finally do brave it and go down the slide, they, of course, end up loving it and then that's all the want to do. Once school started for them in August, they have over come this fear of slides, most of the time anyways. This photo was taken at a Church picnic we went to. As soon as we arrived at the park, they both climbed up to the very top of the climber and went down the slide.
I love that being in preschool they are getting to spend more time with kids their own age. I love that they are showing more interest in learning their letters and numbers. I have tried for over a year now getting them excited about counting and their ABC's, but they had no interest. And I also love that they are overcoming some of their fears, like slides.


It has now been two weeks since our trip to the pumpkin patch. I have a ton of pictures and things to say, I just need to take the time to write them out. I will make that a goal for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment