Wednesday, June 22, 2011

All You Need is Love

Lillian and Claire have been very lovey with each other lately and I love it! At random times, they will start hugging each other and saying, "I love you. I love me. I love you. I love me." Hearing them say this had left me confused. Where in the world were they getting the "I love me" from? The other day it finally clicked.
Since school is out for the summer and older kids are home during the day, Nickelodeon and The Disney Channel no longer play their regular programming of Mickey, Dora, and the other shows the girls enjoy. Instead they are playing cartoons geared towards slightly older children that I do not like the girls watching, like Sponge Bob. Because of this PBS has been on during the mornings, you know, Sesame Street, Clifford, Caillou and of course Barney. See, at the end of Barney they sing a sweet but annoying song, "I love you, you love me..." and this is where they got it from.






2 comments: